Friday, January 1, 2010

Just Dance...

"I hope you dance" - These are the words found above my daughter's door. This plaque was especially chosen for her by her daddy and I. I want her to dance every day of her life. It's what she was created to do. It is what we were all created to do.

When I look at my daughter, Natalie,  I see the dancer I want to be when I grow up. She dances with abandon. She moves from a passion within. She dances HER dance - not one that is choreographed or set before her - it is all her own. It is pure and free. It is not driven by others. It is not inhibited. It is fully alive. Natalie dances from the song within her own heart and it is a beautiful sight to behold. The beauty comes not from some amazing talent, but instead, from her ability to dance boldly in who she is. At 6, she inspires me to dance freely and fully, embracing who I am and was created to be.

I want to dance like Natalie in all I do. I want to constantly move to the song that has been placed in my heart. I want to embrace each opportunity and live each day to the fullest.  I want to dance freely in who I was created to be, not worrying about the audience reaction or critic reviews. 

Maya Angelou once said, :"A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself ." This is how I want my dance to be. My dance is not a performance for others. My dance comes from an innate desire to be fully alive and surrender to rhythm of my Creator.

Whether I am dancing with joy or "dancing it out" to move through a difficult situation, I choose to dance each day. I may not always know the right steps or be on beat, but it is my desire to always be authentically me. In the words of that wise Ren McCormick, "This is our time to dance. It is our way of celebrating life. It's the way it was in the beginning. It's the way it's always been. It's the way it should be now."
















No comments:

Post a Comment